Saturday, November 03, 2018

String of Pearls – v2


Foggy morning
On the Vineyard
In Aquinnah
Wet chair, hot coffee
Sip in the heat
Shake the daze

Camera and film
At the ready
Over my shoulder; let’s go
Sandals snap as I walk
In the early morning
Before the island awakes

Misty morning
Silent witness
Full of promise
For a skilled watcher
Moving stalker
Of moment and place

Wet green
Color scheme
Lush, summer
Looking for a web
Adorned with moisture
Ready to pose

A string of pearls
There before me
Hovered before a backdrop
A perfect set up
Bowed by the wait
Of the night

A long cord
Tacky to hold the drops
As dew was conjured in the dark;
My reflection in each as I approached
To steal the scene
With close-up lens

Centered and balanced
Enlarged and framed
Hovering now
On my wall
To conjure the moment
On that path
Years ago

=====================
November 3, 2018
String of Pearls – v2

May 20, 2004
String of Pearls

All of my poems, photographs, and videos are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. All rights are reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss (raymondafoss@gmail.com) for usage. See all 47,970 of my poems at www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

bread, bread of life, coffee, creator, fog, God, green, journey, king, Martha's Vineyard, New Hampshire, path, poetry, Poetry Where You Live, Raymond A. Foss, sandals, vine, walking, yard,

#Aquinnah #bread #breadoflife #coffee #creator #fog #God #green #journey #king #MarthasVineyard #path #poetry #sandals #vine #walking #yard #spider #web #spidersweb #morning

No comments: