Friday, January 16, 2009

Across the Waters

The spirit, that which landed on the Christ
like a dove, on them at Pentecost,
like tongues of fire, living,
there at the beginning, before there was…
blowing across the waters, blowing,
quickening, the breath of life
the third face of God,
like the Father, like the Word,
Holy Spirit there,
blowing across the chaos,
the waters, the firmament

Breath on me now, give me renewed life,
wash over me, living water,
spirit of my brother
giving his all, sacrifice, pure
come down from heaven,
across the dark waters
fall on me, fill me, call me
I am here, Lord,
waiting for your voice
living, growing, teaching,
calling from within me

January 16, 2009
Genesis 1:1-5
John 1:1-14
Mark 1:4-11
Acts 19:1-7
and sermon, “Child of God”,
by Pastor Ruth L. Foss, January 11, 2009
Suncook United Methodist Church
Suncook, NH
and sermon, “Come, Holy Spirit”,
by Reverend Lori Eldredge
North Kingstown United Methodist Church,
North Kingstown, RI
and sermon, “Beginnings”, by Reverend Peter Hey,
Wesley United Methodist Church,
Concord, NH

No comments: