Tuesday, September 08, 2009

It isn’t much

Walking down the aisle
a fill-in usher this morning
this Sunday in church
a visitor, asking for prayers
a widow, living out the scripture
offering more than the rest
all she had, as she said these words,
“It isn’t much; but it is all I have”
These words, an apology to me
a testimony, a witness to her faith.
I thanked her for her gifts
loose change, all she could give
A lesson for me alone,
living out the words of scripture
a widow’s gift indeed


September 8, 2009
James 2:1-10, 14-17
Proverbs 22:1-2, 8-9
and sermon, “When I Was In Need, You Helped Me”
Pastor Ruth L. Foss
www.suncookumc.org
Suncook United Methodist Church
Suncook, NH
September 6, 2009
&
Luke 20:45-21:4
The scribe and the widow’s offering
part of the sermon, “The Widow’s Might”,
by the Reverend Peter Hey,
Wesley United Methodist Church,
Concord, NH, November 18, 2007

No comments: