Wednesday, October 07, 2009

His Blood Spilled

Pausing in my praying
aware of the fragrance of Christ
the smell of his blood
resting upon my hands
His blood spilled
for me, onto me,
marking me, my life
the fragrance of Christ
wash over me


October 7, 2009
inspired from reading the poem below again,
in preparation for the message I will be giving tonight
in our worship service
after the Our Family’s Table weekly dinner
1 Corinthians 11:23:32
Communion Liturgy
by Pastor Ruth L. Foss
& message by Raymond A. Foss,
“When you have received Communion, Have you ever cried?”
http://www.suncookumc.org/
Suncook United Methodist Church
Suncook, NH
10/7/09
----
The Smell of His Blood

Raising the bread from the chalice
the wine splashing
running down my hand
the smell of his blood
as I sat in prayer
after the sharing the
bread and the cup
Tangible, real memory
washing over me,
as the tears ran down my face
The sacrifice of the savior
made real once again,
in the smell of his blood
lingering on my trembling hands.

April 25, 2009
Luke 24:13-35
Walk to Emmaus

No comments: