Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Inside the Boat

Pushing from shore
the crowds pressing
trying to get close
to touch the cloak of Jesus
to be near to him

Inside the boat
at the feet of Jesus
amazed at the words
pouring from his lips

Not like the others
the scribes, the teachers
in the synagogues preaching
hollow words to me

This man different
speaking with authority
the crowds on the shore
and me, trying to believe

Amazing this man standing
in the boat with me
calling me to deep waters
to cast my nets for fish

More than we can handle
a wealth of fish to capture
calling my partners
to help me with the catch

But leaving all behind us
the full boats on the seaside
following Jesus
when he called us to his side


February 2, 2010
Alive Now Daily Reflections
http://alivenow.upperroom.org/daily-reflections/daily-reflections-for-february-1-7/
for February 1, 2010 to February 7, 2010
by Nancy Fergusons (You can visit her website at www.BlueTreeResources.org)
Luke 5:1-11 for February 2, 2010

No comments: