Saturday, December 08, 2012

My Baba Knitted



My Baba knitted
with wool of snow-white
she made me mittens
not some giant kite

They made my hands warm
they were as soft as new snow
but I played so hard
I accidently let one of them go

There in the cold snow
the animals found it one by one
and stretched it bigger;
my Baba called, “Come home son”.

I lost my mitten
I don’t know where
I looked and looked
then somehow it ended up in the air

It feel toward the ground
and landed in my hand
while the snow covered
the trees and the whole land

I found my mitten
it was stretched so big
I could almost wear it
as a new white wig

My Baba knitted
with wool, just so
but how it was stretched
she will never know.

=====
December 7, 2012
by Raymond A. Foss, Poetry Where You Live,
written together with Ms. Jones’ 1st grade class
after reading the children’s story, “The Mitten”, and
the November/December 2012 Scholastic News, “Winter in the Wild”
Pembroke Village School, Pembroke, NH

All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 21,230+ of my poems at http://www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: