Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hey Mountain – v3

“Are you deaf? Really?
Don’t go ignoring me
Don’t give me no ‘tude!
I’m talking to you, yes you!
I said, Hey Mountain,
move your rocky butt
a little to the left, a little more,
it would really make this painting
I am painting, more balanced
Better. So much better.
Thank you!”

Think of the possibilities, endless
- okay, so set your sense of reality by the door
let loose your reason, for a moment Believe,
suspend your disbelief for a moment
- the “issues” that would be avoided
If we had but faith, of a mustard seed,
in our God, enough, to trust,
His ability to move mountains
if we but asked; that we could move mountains
by a word, a prayer, a whisper.
What a world this would be.

Mountains moving, bodily
from here to there, further;
lives being changed, forever,
conflicts subsiding, ending
peace breaking out.
Warring nations, people
getting along, the lions and the lambs
living together as one
“Hey Mountain, move over there,”
“You, be healed, be changed”.
If we had the faith of a mustard seed
if we truly believed.



edited February 26, 2014
Hey Mountain – v3
edited February 25, 2014
Hey Mountain – v2
June 30, 2006 13:08
Hey Mountain
Matthew 17:20 - ‘He said to them, … "For most certainly I tell you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will tell this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.’

All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 28,090+ of my poems at www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: