Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2026

If I could see what Taras sees #poetry #Ukraine #God #prayer #war #terror #genocide #Russia #peace #victory #TarasShevchenko #Taras #Shevchenko #muse #Ukrainian #glory #serfdom #prison #freedom #independence #history #grave #Kobzar #fly

oh, to take flight with him
rising from his eternal slumber
to soar above the Dnipro –
His beloved Ukraine...
 
if I could see what Taras sees
I would know the honor,
the unity of his people –
Their fight to be free...
 
we can see more clearly
through the eyes of Shevchenko,
the noble cause they fight for –
The freedom of Ukraine...
 
oh, if I could fly beside Taras
I would see his face,
full of pride in his people –
His beloved Ukraine...
 
--------  
September 23, 2026
If I could see what Taras sees
 
September 20, 2026
They will rise
https://raymondafoss.blogspot.com/2026/09/they-will-rise.html
after seeing the draft cover of Volume 1
of Twelve Years of War
Edited September 19, 2026
Each night he flies – v3
https://raymondafoss.blogspot.com/2026/09/each-night-he-flies-v3.html
Taras Shevchenko, from his grave in Kaniv, Ukraine, above the Dnipro
Edited September 10, 2026
The soul of the poet – v2
https://raymondafoss.blogspot.com/2026/09/the-soul-of-poet-v2.html
Edited October 6, 2025
From the heights, he watches – v2
https://raymondafoss.blogspot.com/2025/10/from-heights-he-watches-v2.html
Edited October 6, 2025
High upon a mountain – v5
https://raymondafoss.blogspot.com/2025/10/high-upon-mountain-v5.html
Edited October 6, 2025
The spell has been broken – v5
https://raymondafoss.blogspot.com/2025/10/the-spell-has-been-broken-v5.html
 
All of my poems, photographs, and videos are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 202 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, and 2026. All rights are reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss (raymondafoss@gmail.com) for usage. See my poems at www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com
Poetry Where You Live.
 
poetry, Ukraine, God, prayer, war, terror, genocide, peace, victory, Taras Shevchenko, Ukrainian, freedom, independence, history, glory, muse, prison, grave, Kobzar, fly
 
#poetry #Ukraine #God #prayer #war #terror #genocide #Russia #peace #victory #TarasShevchenko #Taras #Shevchenko #muse #Ukrainian #glory #serfdom #prison #freedom #independence #history #grave #Kobzar #fly

No comments:

Post a Comment