Sunday, January 27, 2019

Prayer of Confession, of Repentance, of Forgiveness, for Forgiveness

Lord,

I pray this prayer to You and to those who may read it. I repent of all my sin, both by omission and commission. I pray that I would change my life forever, right here, right now.

I pray for your forgiveness oh God.

I pray these words to all I have encountered in my life.

I pray that these words would come to me ever more easily, that I would let things go, that I would own what I have done both that which I am able to fix and that which I cannot fix.

I pray that I would be more forgiving and more loving each day of my life.

I pray I would seek your counsel more fully in every thought, word, and deed in my life. I pray I would conform my steps to the way of our risen Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I pray I would love as he loved and loves me, not as the world loves.

I forgive all who have harmed me in my life. including those who are planning harm to me.

I pray that those I have hurt will forgive me.

I am sorrow for what I have said and done (and what I have not done when I had the opportunity to act or speak but didn't).

I also apologize and ask for forgiveness for what I have not let go of.

I pray to be better each day, for I am a work in progress.

I pray this to you, oh God.

Amen.
January 27, 2019

All of my poems, photographs, and videos are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. All rights are reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss (raymondafoss@gmail.com) for usage. See all 48,600 of my poems at www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: