Friday, January 08, 2010

In Winter’s Grip

The world, all that I see
in winter’s grip, held tight
the howling winds,
the blowing snow
all I see is white

Our lives, our activities
all within the walls of home
busy work and idle time
pacing round the house

Trapped inside
at winter’s command
our time charted by the storm
curl up with a good book, a cup of tea
Just stay inside, all warm


January 8, 2010
---
Carol Childress to me 1/7/2010 11:48 PM
Dear Raymond,
I really am not stalking you. I just find it so interesting to have contact with an actual poet!! I was wondering if you had a poem for my blog today or could write one if you look at my blog. http://carolchil.blogspot.com
Stayed inside all day today
Wind howling outside
Leaky windows
Snow blowing under the door
puppy really wants inside
Painted, cleaned, moved furniture, sorted, cooked, ate too much, watched movies wrapped up in blankets, had hot chocolate, read a book, did a little scrapbooking, have a very bored teenage daughter, garage drifted shut, roads drifted shut, school called off, interstates around my area are closed.....school is closed again tomorrow.
Do you have the perfect poem for me???
Thanks, Carol

No comments: