Friday, January 08, 2010

Snowbound

Within our houses
the world around shut down
nature bringing forth its wrath
we are hunkered down
the snow piling higher still
all the roads closed, still
the drifts up against the house
dunes of snow intense

Locked within our homes
no way to go out
the howling winds of winter
how they scream and shout
Barring out egress
our homes our world alone
what to do within the house
within the raging storm


January 8, 2010
---
Carol Childress to me 1/7/2010 11:48 PM
Dear Raymond,
I really am not stalking you. I just find it so interesting to have contact with an actual poet!! I was wondering if you had a poem for my blog today or could write one if you look at my blog. http://carolchil.blogspot.com
Stayed inside all day today
Wind howling outside
Leaky windows
Snow blowing under the door
puppy really wants inside
Painted, cleaned, moved furniture, sorted, cooked, ate too much, watched movies wrapped up in blankets, had hot chocolate, read a book, did a little scrapbooking, have a very bored teenage daughter, garage drifted shut, roads drifted shut, school called off, interstates around my area are closed.....school is closed again tomorrow.
Do you have the perfect poem for me???
Thanks, Carol

No comments: