Saturday, August 29, 2009

More Stones

Where to look, where to find
more stones for the rows
the walk waiting in the yard
unfinished lines, longing for completion
hoping for resolution
for the fruits of the labors to be whole
summer fruits before the coming fall
my work still undone

Going to the dump
to leave paper, cardboard
the bottles and cans
But given so much more

My heart’s desire, the stones
an answer to my fervent, my urgent prayer
there for the taking, trunk load full and more
returning to the yard, muddy in rain
smiling in my heart
for the richness of his provision
for the abundance
answering my prayer
in God’s time, in his way
All I need, if I but ask in his name.



August 29, 2009
Posted to Facebook August 29, 2009:
God provides -- I was wondering where I would get more stones for the labyrinth this. When I went to the transfer station to drop off recycling this morning, sure enough, the dump attendant said, "He must have known you were coming; there's a whole pile of rocks over there." He was probably referring to the townsperson who left the rocks. I know better, and am very thankful; 30 more feet completed through this gift.

All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 19,900+ of my poems at http://www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: