Friday, May 05, 2006

My Desire

She is my wife
the mother of the little people
in the room across the hall,
singing in the dark
long after their bedtimes
the one next to me as I sleep
and in my dreams
who shares my ring and my name
the one who I promised all
before God and man
She is
the one who
is my desire, my fantasy
the spark in my life
the smile in my eye
the murmur in my step
spice in my day
sensuous and subtle
strong, clear


5/4/06 9:13pm



All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 24,260+ of my poems at www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

2 comments:

Nangndiaebudal Squad said...

thank you for your attention on facebook,, thank you for answering my interview about "my Desire" poem... and im sorry if i disturb your work time..
*i love this poem.. and im very helped from your statement ... thax very much, sir.. GBU and your family..

Poetry Where You Live said...

This is what I told her:

This poem is about my wife, Ruth and our 3 daughters. At that time, they all shared a bedroom and this was about one night and one life that we share together. I have come alive as her husband, her partner, the father of these children we share the responsibility to raiseIt is aboutthe depth of my commitment to her.

It is about the oath I took before God when we renewed our civil wedding vows in a church service, 6 months after the civil ceremony.

It is about covenantal love and marital love, the love between a man and a woman, whose desire is the other