Saturday, January 20, 2007

Would You Marry Me, Again

If you would say yes to my plea,
my prayer, on bended knee
I would marry you again, joyfully
for you are the reason I rise in the morning
my partner, my friend, sharing our lives
the paths we walk together, to become one body
joined by God for purposes becoming known.

Known first to God but yielding to discernment
to gathered whispers of your still small voice.

Oh I would marry you again, for your abiding love
for me, for your boundless faith in me
believing in me more than I do, still.

Yes I would desire to marry you once more
for your gifts, your passions, for your
inner beauty, even more fair than your
outward beauty, a beautiful soul wrapped
in your golden package, pleasing to the heart
and to the eye; for your grit and determination
to move forward, boldly, despite obstacles and pain.

Oh please, marry me again, so I could feel my
wet tears down my cheeks again joyfully
declaring my love, my covenant in sacrament,
to God and his children, our children, growing
in faith themselves. To share again the story
of our meeting, our slow and ponderous courtship,
the long days before we joined in marriage, long
only because God married us with our first kiss.

I would marry you once more, in a skipped heartbeat,
for our intimacy, for the joining of our bodies,
the touching of our skin, our lips, for the
rapture I feel in your arms and you in mine,
holding you close to me, never wanting to part;
for the quickening of my heart when I see you
on returning home or even on the phone, I would
marry you again.

I would marry you again, to help you raise our
daughters, three immeasurable treasures, gifts,
from God held by us to nurture, to love, to teach
to bring close to God each day, by the things
we say, the things we do, modeling lives of
service for them.

I would want to marry you again, to share
your joys, your sorrows, your trials, to
lend a hand to your work in this life, to
be your champion, your cheerleader, your
confidante, your husband, seeking the best
for you to the extent I am able. Trying my best
to be worthy of the gift of you.


January 20, 2007 5:40


All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 19,090+ of my poems at http://www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: