Monday, April 13, 2009

If Christ came into our midst

Almost a chill, a real physical presence
came washing over me
as the pastor spoke these words,
“If Christ came into our midst”,
into this sanctuary this day.

I wanted to turn
to look over the smiling faces,
looking toward the open door
the light streaming in
to see our Lord, triumphant,
like a bridegroom down the aisle

But I didn’t have to do this
for he was here,
right here with us
in our midst,
living in your heart and mine

His presence is what I felt
the joy of this Easter morning
This is Christ living within me, within you
even if for the first time
this bright and glorious day.


April 12, 2009 and April 13, 2009
Easter morning
Pastoral Prayer
by Pastor Ruth L. Foss,
Luke 24:1-12
and the sermon, “Rocks”,
by Reverend Huntley Halvorson
Suncook United Methodist Church
Suncook, NH
April 12, 2009

No comments: