Thursday, July 30, 2015

Beach Sand – v6

Maybe it is our memories
the change of pace that brings us there,
Our sense of vacation, of inner peace
feeling God in the silence

Maybe it is the smell of the place
the water, the roses, the lotions, the oils;
Visions of the gulls, the dunes, grasses;
Moving in the air, the invisible breezes

But, oh it is the feel of it,
the crunch and slide of it;
Under now smooth feet,
the feel of beach sand

It is so very different from dirt, soil, loam
no, not earthy, moist, rich, wet mulch;
But oh so granular and gritty, slippery,
even when wet, moving

Moveable paper spreading under toes
sliding beneath the soles;
Smoothing my skin, relaxing,
clearing my mind, at peace

Unburdening me of the rest
the cares which I carried,
Drawing me to the tactile,
to the feel of beach sand

===============
edited July 30, 2015
Beach Sand – v6
(editing version 5)
edited April 2, 2014
Beach Sand – v5
Edited September 20, 2012
“Beach Sand – v4”
edited March 5, 2012
“Beach Sand – v3”
edited September 29, 2010
“Beach Sand – v2”
&
email May 115, 2008
“I am in eighth grade and I am doing a school
research project called a zine.  In this zine,
it is basically about describing your passion. 
One of the requirements for the zine is putting
a poem in, and explaining your reaction to the poem. 
My passion is Cape Cod, and I chose the poem you wrote, 
Beach Sand,  I love how you described sand in this poem. 
I just had a few questions like,
why did you choose to write this poem?
My response May 16, 2008::
“Funny you should ask. Someone from North Carolina
two days ago asked if they could put this same poem
on a new web site. As I told them, I had written in in 2006,
on the same day as quite a few other poems. I was writing
then specifically about treasured memories of my childhood
and more recent too. I wrote this poem about my joy at the beach.
I am from Westfield, MA growing up and my family would go to
the Cape or up the Maine coast to like Wells Beach or York
many summers when I was a kid. My grandparents on my dad's
side had gone to Old Orchard Beach for summers when my dad
was a kid and they were there on Cape Cod when I was a kid.
In 1988 I went to Hilton Head Island for a week. And in the
mid-1990's I went for like 3 or 4 summers in a row to
Martha's Vineyard. From 1978 to 2001, I lived near
the University of New Hampshire near the seacoast of
New Hampshire. I spent time at Rye Beach, Hampton,
and Great Island Common in New Castle. I just really like
walking the beach, more than just laying sunbathing.
I would walk along the shore looking for beach glass
or go over to the rocks and look for what I could find
in the tide pools. I've included three other poems about
being near the sea, Shoals, Tide Pools, and Tides - Haiku.”
&
July 15, 2006 19:03
“Beach Sand”

All of my poems, photographs, and videos are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. All rights are reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss (raymondafoss@gmail.com)  for usage. See all 52,110+ of my poems at www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

beach, creator, earth, Faith, Family, God, grass, hope, memories, Nature, poem, poetry, texture, light, senses, sight, Poetry Where You Live,


#beach #creator #earth #Faith #Family #God #grass #hope #memories #nature #poem #poetry #senses #sight

No comments: