Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Prayer from Timothy

Holy God,
Creator and sustainer
of the earth, I offer this prayer
for myself and the world.

I thank you Lord, for my family,
for this beautiful Sunday, for this church
and church family, for the changing seasons
this season of fall, and especially for your presence.

Lord, I confess that I have fallen short of your grace,
that I have not communicated with my family,
that I have struggled in my work and I have not
put my whole trust in you.

I pray for this torn world, where strife and poverty
are too common, where one in seven Americans
are without health insurance, and where
too many know war and disease.

Lord, I pray for President Bush and the Congress,
may they find a way to end war
I pray also for this church, as we prepare for
a capital campaign and budget,
for the Iraqi government and its people
I ask for your peace for them and for
those who seeks after peace in the Middle East.
I pray Lord too, for the world, for global warming
and the melting ice caps. May we come to grips
with these challenges before it is too late.

Lord, I ask for your guidance, your strength
to get more done, to be more available to Ruth,
and to help the girls more.

I ask all these things in Your son’s precious name.
Amen



September 23, 2007
Part of an exercise in Sunday School,
based on 1 Timothy 2:1-7

All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 19,820+ of my poems at http://www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: