Friday, May 03, 2013

to your cross – v2



Oh Lord, let me ever be mindful
not the cross, but Your cross
that I approach, Your cross
that You chose to bear

Following, obedient
faithful to the Master’s call
the command of God
the purpose of Your life

Come to save, to heal,
to redeem the whole world
none left out, Your prayer that day
asking God to forgive us all
for we know not what we do


Edited May 3, 2013
“to your cross – v2”
May 2, 2010
“to your cross”
1 Timothy 2:1-4
1 Timothy 2:1
1 Timothy 2:1-6

&
Upper Room Daily Devotional
for May 2, 2010, read May 2, 2010
“A Call to Pray”,
by Heather Davis

&
Luke 23:34

&
seeing the title and last line of the poem,
“to the cross”; thinking that it should be,
at least in my thinking, “your cross”

---- 

to the cross

Always, ever, may we, may I
follow the path of my savior
to the cross, to that moment of servanthood
to his sacrifice, every present,
ever mindful of that awesome moment
the choice he had to make
whether to choose the father’s will
that cup, bitter as it was
sacrifice though without sin
So unlike me, trembling as I am
aware of my sin,
the price I should pay;
but mindful of his choice
to go
to the cross


October 3, 2009
“Savior I come, quiet my soul”,
the Gmail message of Isaac Kiiza Tibasiima
10/3/09
His status was from the first verse of the
Hillsong song,
“Lead Me to the Cross”


Faith, God, Christ, love, Methodist, Poetry Where You Live, Upper Room, disciples, grace, Raymond A. Foss, calling, God’s purpose, following, prayer, salvation, all, world, 1 Timothy 2, Luke 23, cross

-----
Chat history 10/3/09

10:58 AM Isaac: Hey Ray

10:59 AM me: good morning/good afternoon
 Isaac: Good evening from here. It is so cloudy

11:00 AM me: rainy here now
  getting ready for client meeting at noon

11:03 AM Had a good men's group meeting this morning with other men from our church
  Absolute Dependence

Like children, vulnerable
unable to help ourselves
the things that truly matter
life, eternal hope
Absolute dependence
on the love, the grace
the saving hand of the creator
the potter, the shepherd
Each of us, like children
needing to believe, as children
childlike trust in God
our treasure alone

October 2, 2009

11:09 AM Isaac: That is true, bro. Dependence on God means a lot to us, especially in the times when it is either good or bad

11:10 AM me: So tru. See how the next one looks; just now.
  Savior I come, quiet my soul

Savior, my brother,
Jesus, Messiah –
I come before you
my heart troubled,
mind racing, struggling for peace
Quiet my soul, Spirit
speak from deep within
Peace, passing all understanding
Living water, wash over me
fill me, sooth me,
reach my trembling heart
give me your peace, Lord
Give me hands to do your word
Your work, your ministry
Let me be you, Christ
to my neighbor
always yoked to you
Savior, I come to you
Quiet my soul
so I may hear your word
for me alone

October 3, 2009
“Savior I come, quiet my soul”,
the Gmail message of Isaac Kiiza Tibasiima
10/3/09

11:12 AM Isaac: You know what; you gave me a different view of that status. I love the idea of having to listen closely to God, having Him say what He has to say to us, and listening to Him from the depth of our hearts without grumbling. Doing God's work can only come from a stillness from us to be able to listen to Him and do what He has told us to do

11:14 AM me: I saw it as a plea of awe and reverence; then God took the typing quickly where the words then went. No right answer really. The words just started speaking.

 Isaac: that happens to every writer, trust me

11:24 AM me: What was your original intent for that note/status?

11:26 AM Isaac: It is a from song Hillsong's Saviour King album. It starts with those lines and the persona asks to be led to the cross where all can be laid down so one can honestly and purely serve and listen to God

11:37 AM me: Great video too! Thanks. Just added a link to my facebook and twitter. Printed the lyrics.

 Isaac: Wow. I loved and loved and loved that song the first time I listened to it. Lead me to the Cross was always a classic for me and it is still a great song

12:04 PM Isaac: I am out of here, bro
  Be good


All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 23,190+ of my poems at http://www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: