Sunday, August 30, 2009

After the Storm

The boat resting on the calm sea
after the storm,
the winds and waves stilled
all made at peace
by the carpenter, the shepherd
our brother, our master

We journey in faith
if we but let go of the cares
the worries of this world
What must it have been like in the boat,
after the Lord calmed the seas?


August 30, 2009
John 10:11-15
Psalm 23
and sermon, “The Good Shepherd”
Pastor Ruth L. Foss
www.suncookumc.org
Suncook United Methodist Church
Suncook, NH
August 30, 2009
Psalm 23 (King James Version)
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the
paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me
in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy
shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
&
Mark 4:35-40
Exodus 20:8-11
Psalm 23
Psalm 127:2
and
Message: Rev. Huntley Halvorson,
"Keeping the Sabbath"
including reference to
Wayne Muller’s book,
“Sabbath: Restoring the Sacred Rhythm of Rest”
www.suncookumc.org
Suncook United Methodist Church
Suncook, NH
August 23, 2009

No comments: