Thursday, September 03, 2009

Though He was a King

David and Christ
though he was a king
the shepherd a sheep
under the shepherd’s gaze
mindful of the good shepherd
risking, giving all
for the people, the sheep
He was a shepherd;
but he was a sheep
a lamb of His flock
claiming the shepherd
just as we are able
by the sacrifice of the
shepherd, a sheep


September 3, 2009
John 10:11-15
Psalm 23
and sermon, “The Good Shepherd”
Pastor Ruth L. Foss
www.suncookumc.org
Suncook United Methodist Church
Suncook, NH
August 30, 2009
Psalm 23 (King James Version)
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the
paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me
in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy
shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
&
Mark 4:35-40
Exodus 20:8-11
Psalm 23
Psalm 127:2
and
Message: Rev. Huntley Halvorson,
"Keeping the Sabbath"
including reference to
Wayne Muller’s book,
“Sabbath: Restoring the Sacred Rhythm of Rest”
www.suncookumc.org
Suncook United Methodist Church
Suncook, NH
August 23, 2009

No comments: