Thursday, January 08, 2015

Words on Her Door – v2

Words of comfort
of hope, of truth;
the promises of God
written in meter and verse

God telling us something
in each of the scriptures;
something to hold onto
to change our lives

Words on her door
the canon of the Bible;
offered daily
to remind of us You

Holy scripture
down through the ages;
speaking then as now
if we listen to the Word of God


====
Isaiah 26:4 (Amplified Bible) (posted on Ruth’s office door)
 “So trust in the Lord (commit yourself to Him, lean on Him,
hope confidently in Him) forever; for the Lord God is
an everlasting Rock [the Rock of Ages].”
October 6, 2010
&
Ephesians 5:1 (posted on Ruth’s office door)
and various translations of Ephesians 5:1-2
“Be imitators of God, therefore,
as dearly loved children and
live a life of love, just as Christ loved us
and gave himself up for us as a
fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” (NIV)
September 17, 2010
&
Isaiah 6:8 (posted on Ruth’s office door)
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"  
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"”
September 18, 2010
&
Romans 15:7 (Common English Bible)
(posted on Ruth’s office door)
“So welcome each other, in the same way that Christ also welcomed you, for God’s glory.”
September 22, 2010
&
September 23, 2010
In the fire of problems
passage of scripture, Romans 5:3-4 (Common English Bible)
posted to Ruth’s office door
(and not like Martin Luther’s 95 Theses
nailed to the Wittenburg church door- smile)
 “But not only that! We even take pride in our problems,
because we know that trouble produces endurance,
endurance produces character, and character produces hope.”
Pastor Ruth Foss
sermon blog
meditation blog
“God’s Whisper” blog
Suncook United Methodist Church
Suncook, NH
&
earlier poem today:
---------------------
Sensing Your Presence

Liberated, at peace
even in the storms
gathering myself up
to cleave to you oh Lord

Sensing your presence
with me, affirming my words
grounding me in the love of God
as I go about my day

Right beside me Lord
you are so good to me
reminding me of your loving grace
bringing me close to thee


September 23, 2010
in speaking of trusting in God
to someone else this morning


All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 35,050+ of my poems at www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: