Sunday, April 13, 2008

Psalms 23

In our Middle High Sunday School today, April 13, 2008
we read 8 different versions of Psalm 23, from The Message,
the New Jerusalem Bible, the Revised Standard Version,
the New Revised Standard Bible, the New International Version,
the Good News Bible, the King James Bible, and “A psalm for learners”.
We then each wrote our own psalm, using a template of:

God is my . . .
God leads me . . .
God restores . . .
Even when . . . I will not . . . for God . . .
God sets . . .
Surely . . .
And I will . . . my whole life long.

Psalm 23 – by Erica

God is my savior; he saves me from sin.
God leads me through the valley of sin and death.
God restores me with his words of live
Even when I have hatred in my heart
I will not leave him for God is
my salvation
God sets a pace for him to pace me.
Surely he will lead me home
And I will listen and love him with
my whole life long.

Psalm 23 – by Sara

God is my sense of direction
God leads me along the path right to take
God restores my soul and my confidence
Even when I start to stray
I will not be disobedient for God is love.
God sets the pace
Surely he will lead the way
And I will follow him
my whole life long.

Psalm 23 – by Ian

God is my chef
God leads me to the dinner table
God restores my stomach to a state of happiness
Even when there are brussel sprouts
I will not lament for God will
replace them with green beans
God sets my place with lots of good food
Surely I will never miss a meal
And I will eat well my whole life long.

Psalm 23 – by Ryan

God is my guardian who helps me when I need help
God leads me to believe what is true.
God restores my want to learn
Even when I lose all hope
I will not fail for God is on my side
God sets challenges for me in every new experience
And I will keep an open mind on how to get through
these challenges my whole life long.

Psalm 23 – by Jessica

God is my shepherd
God leads me home when lost
God restores hope
Even when feeling down
I will not hate for God is my God
God sets a path for me
Surely he loves me
And I will always love him
my whole life long.

Psalm 23 – by Ray

God is my master, the guide for my life
God leads me through the trials and joys of my days
God restores my troubled spirit
when I am afraid or unsure
Even though I seem to lose my way
I will not despair for God is
always with me
God sets a table for me, my daily bread
Surely he will use me for his purposes
And I will walk with my savior
my whole life long.

April 13, 2008

No comments: