Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Gifts – Dorcas Preaching

I can’t do much; little money I have
no husband to provide, no sons,
just a little. My gifts so ordinary.
I can sew, needle and thread do I have
clothe, a little in my room
So many others, far less do they have
winter coming. His words, shared by the disciples
echoing in my mind, the least of these
Oh I know well, a widow I am
The gleanings only do I have
But I am rich, with God’s love
much can I give, by my hands alone
That is what I have done,
my ordinary gifts, in His name
given to the least of these.

September 28, 2008
Matthew 25:31-40
Acts 9:36-43 and sermon,
“The Story of the First Christian”,
by Reverend Huntley Halvorson,
and told by Elaine Halvorson,
as Dorcas, in her own words,
Suncook United Methodist Church

No comments: