Friday, January 16, 2009

Working the Clay

The warmth of your hands
the feel of your touch, your care
your strength, your love
turning the wheel, the balance,
the lump of clay, my shape, my body
my form, my purpose, my calling
rising from the surface
taking shape, in his hands
changing, growing, becoming clearly
called from the clay, the earth
my innermost being
my days numbered, my thoughts known
my life charted, crafted, molded
within your hands

January 16, 2009
based on comment left on christianpoetry.com
about my poem, Clay on the Wheel
--------
Clay on the Wheel

My life, clay on the wheel
feeling the touch of the potter
molding, reshaping, changing me
constantly pliable, moist,
never yet fired, hardened
ever malleable, changing,
never finished in this life

His fingers, prints on my flesh
changed by the creator, the potter
giving my life over to Him
clay on His wheel,
submitting to His will
may I ever be thus

October 15, 2008
Psalm 138
Jeremiah 18:1-4
Jeremiah 18:1-12

No comments: