Monday, August 13, 2007

Unique Within Creation

The devotional asked
a different, a challenging question,
asking how I am “unique in creation”
A thought not easily answered in simple terms
our DNA, our fingerprints may be unique;
but what of our experience, our thoughts,
our dreams for our future. I am
everything I have seen, tasted, smelled,
heard, felt; everything I have done,
everything I have chosen not to do.
My mother’s son, my wife’s husband,
father to my girls. Poet, attorney, prophet,
accountant, neighbor, and more.
I am unique in creation
because I exist and just as God
is found in the great I Am,
so we, each of us, born in the image,
the image of God, each I, is unique.



August 5, 2007 22:58
Our mission trip,
from Wesley United Methodist Church,
Concord, NH and from First United Methodist Church,
Hudson, MA to Jacksonville and Machias, ME
to the Down East Maine Mission,
Jacksonville United Methodist Campground,
East Machias, ME

All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 19,570+ of my poems at http://www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: