Thursday, September 23, 2010

Through Our Struggles


All of us on a journey
coming into our faith
the words becoming real
written deeper on our hearts

Slowly, through the years
through our joys and our sorrows
cleaving to the Lord
through our heartache and struggles

Finding peace,
in the strength of our savior
turning to him in our times of trial
in finding him our reward



September 23, 2010
passage of scripture, Romans 5:3-4 (Common English Bible)
written on Ruth’s office door
“But not only that! We even take pride in our problems,
because we know that trouble produces endurance,
endurance produces character, and character produces hope.”
Pastor Ruth L. Foss, of
http://www.suncookumc.org
Suncook United Methodist Church
Suncook, NH
&
earlier poem today:
---------------------
Sensing Your Presence

Liberated, at peace
even in the storms
gathering myself up
to cleave to you oh Lord

Sensing your presence
with me, affirming my words
grounding me in the love of God
as I go about my day

Right beside me Lord
you are so good to me
reminding me of your loving grace
bringing me close to thee


September 23, 2010
in speaking of trusting in God
to someone else this morning


All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 19,120+ of my poems at http://www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: