Sunday, July 27, 2008

Abraham’s Faith

God would provide
the lamb for the sacrifice;
but would that be my son?
So must the rest of the thought have been
as he spoke to his first-born, his only son
Son of the promise, the promise of God
of him there will be a great name,
in him a blessing
Is he to be the sacrifice, the one on the altar
to prove my faith, my fear, my love of God?
God will provide the lamb,
I must go, where I am led,
prepared to sacrifice him
such was that faith
that day on the mountain,
knife raised for the slaughter.
By grace rewarded
a son spared
blessing fulfilled;
repeated on Calvary
a holy sacrifice
limitless grace of the father
this son not spared the price
living, tangible grace fulfilled

July 27, 2008
Genesis 22:9-13, Romans 8:38-39, Ephesians 2:6-10, and
sermon, “F.R.O.G.”, by Pastor Ruth L. Foss,
Suncook United Methodist Church,
Suncook, NH

No comments: