Thursday, August 04, 2011

Perfected in Love

Not something sentimental
love like a flame
burning, as the Spirit
the Pentecost fire
swirling round, within us
like the refiner’s fire
burning off imperfections

Perfected in Love
the crucible of the Spirit
guiding us onward
carrying the yoke of Christ
the cross of redemption
the pain, suffering
through the fire becoming
a reflection of God
bringing us closer
closer to our Lord


August 4, 2011
“Finish Then, Thy Creation, posting on John Meunier’s blog
http://johnmeunier.wordpress.com/2011/08/04/finish-then-thy-new-creation/
From John Wesley’s journal Sept. 15, 1762:
“The more I converse with the believers in Cornwall, the more I am convinced that they have sustained great loss for want of hearing the doctrine of Christian Perfection clearly and strongly enforced. I see, wherever this is not done, the believers grow dead and cold. Nor can this be prevented, but by keeping up in them an hourly expectation of being perfected in love. I say an hourly expectation; for to expect it at death, or some time hence, is much the same as not expecting it at all.”

All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage.
See all 12,800+ of my poems at Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: