Friday, November 07, 2014

Find Him There – v3

Here, right where I live
where I work, where I toil,
where we worship,
where my wife, my girls are with me,
in this place where I am planted
where we live, here
as if by living streams of water
this tree planted here
to grow, to bloom, to offer shade
to scatter seeds from good fruit
planting, watering, in their season.

May I find God here, not some distant land,
walking with me on this journey
standing beside me in my struggles
holding my hand when I step out in faith
cheering with me in my joys
in those moments when I notice,
when I am present, when I feel Christ’s grace
(not that God’s grace is ever lacking)
when I am aware, when I don’t feel the Spirit;
May I find God’s face, Christ’s presence, here
with me now, right where I am planted.


===
edited November 6, 2014
Find Him There – v3

(editing version 2)
edited June 28, 2014
Find Him There – v2
April 2, 2009
Find Him There
The following poem was posted to the www.christianpoetry.org site
on April 1, 2009, my 49th birthday. I received the following email
from Reason A. Poteet, “Happy Birthday, Raymond.
Your poem today, “Traveling Far" reminds me of the message
a saintly guide had for our group visiting in Jerusalem several years ago. 
He said, you have come so far to see the places where Jesus walked,
where He talked and healed and cast out demons two thousand years ago. 
Jesus is still working today in your homes, in your schools,
in your churches...go home and find Him there, relish Him,
serve Him.” The poem above came from this.
&
(edited June 28, 2014
Traveling Far – v2
&
----
Traveling Far

Unlike the shepherds,
on a nearby hillside, watching their sheep.

Not called by a choir of angels,
a chorus of heavenly host.

Reading the signs, as they did in Jerusalem,
traveling far, following his star.

By a faithfulness, greater than the people
the chosen ones.

Bringing gifts, these gifts,
in fulfillment, the birth, their gifts.

Believing where the select, the chosen did not,
traveling far, with real faith.

Following the star, the signs,
the coming of the newborn king.

January 2, 2009
Traveling Far
Isaiah 60:1-6
Matthew 2:1-12

All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 33,380+ of my poems at www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: