Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sharing the Verb of God

Nothing so cute as our church
the people of the faith
all of us children of God
sharing the message
but not in static words
in the life of Christ
those who proceeded
those who follow
all of us claiming
part of the divine work

Sharing the verb of God
in loving us so much
sending Christ to the earth
taking up his cross
descended from on high
from the water rising
commissioned by the dove
following the Spirit’s guiding

Faithful in his walking
working for the kingdom
offering lessons, healing
setting the prisoners free
all of us a legacy
the birthing of the faithful
the rising of Christ
and the flames of Pentecost
going as we were sent
walking on the water
sharing the verb of God
wherever we may go



July 15, 2010
Isaiah 43:18-21
Genesis 1:1-2:4
(read responsively by the congregation,
speaking the words of God)
John 13:34-35 (Call to Worship)
Worship Theme: “Church is a verb, not a noun.”
and sermon, “Changing the Dictionary, Changing Lives”
by Reverend Huntley Halvorson
http://www.suncookumc.org
Suncook United Methodist Church
Suncook, NH
July 11, 2010
Seventh Sunday after Pentecost
&
There seem to be many variations to this main quote by R. Buckminster Fuller
Here are some of them that I have found:
“God is a verb, not a noun proper or improper.”
“God is a verb, not a noun.”
“God is a verb.”
“God, to me, it seems, is a verb not a noun, proper or improper.”
“Here is God's purpose - for God, to me, it seems, is a verb not a noun, proper or improper.”
“I live on Earth at present, and I don't know what I am. I know that I am not a category. I am not a thing — a noun. I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process — an integral function of the universe.” R Buckminster Fuller, from, “I Seem to Be a Verb” (1970)
“God is a Verb”, By R. Buckminster Fuller, in Whole Earth Catalog”, Fall 1968


All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 19,250+ of my poems at http://www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: