Friday, November 28, 2014

she was younger than I am – v2

The Mother of my Savior
the Lamb upon the cross
at the time of the crucifixion
she was younger than I am
far younger in truth
thinking about the many years
quite a bit older than her

Mary was at most forty-eight
looking up at her baby, Jesus
Her first-born on the cross
become the atoning sacrifice
Not what she had expected
hearing the words of Gabriel
not what she wanted
for she loved Him so

For her, more complicated,
she understood His divinity
and she knew He was human
born of her own flesh
Watching Him grow up
to this moment, this end
as at the beginning a humble servant
giving herself over to the will of God


=====
edited November 28, 2014
she was younger that I am – v2

November 28, 2014
she was younger that I am
Advent book study:
Not A Silent Night
by Reverend Adam Hamilton
Spirit study led by Pastor Ruth Foss
sermon blog
meditation blog
“God’s Whisper” blog
Stetson Memorial United Methodist Church
Patten, ME
&
earlier books by Rev. Hamilton studied in Spirit Study groups -
The Way: Walking in the Footsteps of Jesus
&        
“Final Words from the Cross”
&
24 Hours That Changed the World

All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 34,000+ of my poems at www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: