Saturday, July 22, 2006

Tilt'n Hilton

A Texas twang would be better
than a yankee accent
so picture it soundin’ southern
this little story I’ll share
of the year I held on for dear life

I lived in the Tilt’n Hilton
or so it was known
a place that the locals were sure of
and a landmark to call your own
I was the one in the cold there
the man in the loft
on the very top floor

A funny name for a building
but one so richly deserved
A person could get seasick
just looking at it’s front façade
A marble would have no chance to stop
if it started on down the floor
and nothing would steady a step
as you walked on out the door

For the sill is going up
and the floor joints are going down
and the person with the camera
across the street
has decided to call it a day

Oh I lived in the Tilt’n Hilton
a place with slants and slopes
and I stayed there for a year
in the midst of my graduate stint


7/22/06 20:54


All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 18,790+ of my poems at http://www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: