Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Hound Who Ate My Sundae

Oh man! Nothing
Mom and Dad were away; I had such big plans
Four kinds of ice cream, scooped, melting
A salad bowl full---cookie dough,
Bubble gum, gummy worms, bananas split
Cherries and chocolate sauce, strawberries, too
My sundae, a masterpiece
Cold, smelling so good
Almost forgot the whipped cream
Perfect!

Disaster, Hey!
My dog, Rufus, Oh No!
Gulp, Steal, Swallow whole
Not even one bite left.
Not a taste, his slobber all that remained.
Just the scent and the memory
Of what might have been....
Oh man! That dog!


April 16, 2010
Written with Mrs. Forest’s Third Grade class,
National Poetry Month
Pembroke Hill School
Pembroke, NH
“Nouns Verbs and Adjectives”
poetry presentation and exercise


nouns: dog, sundae, banana split, marshmallow sauce, ice cream, cherries, worms, smell, scent
verbs: steal, lick, eat, bite, swallow, taste, melt
adjectives: black, chocolate, cookie dough, strawberry, melted, cold, whipped, gummy,
adverbs: whole




All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 23,180+ of my poems at http://www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

1 comment:

kelvin s.m. said...

haha... humorous... i've enjoyed it!

Have a good day!