Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Speaking of My Faith

Sharing my story, of my faith
of my epiphanies, or lack there of
of a belief nurtured in youth, of straying
returning home, through that church
that community welcoming me,
showing love for a widow,
someone they did not know,
would never truly come to know
Being Christ for her in that moment of grief
loving her as they did
Growing in you, in your word
finding a home, a family, love
in the people of your church
But all unplanned, unscripted,
at least by my hand
Instead, feeling,
knowing the hand of the creator
guiding me, now that I have let Him in
Feeling the presence of grace
in my everyday life
Sharing my faith with others
in a different, a real way
speaking of my faith freely
honestly, without fear
of the love I have found
and the beliefs I need to share

April 29, 2008

No comments: