Saturday, January 16, 2010

Walking with Jesus

Hearing his call,
speaking directly to me
the love in his warm eyes
they mean the world to me

Walking with Jesus
by the shore of Galilee
leaving my life, my home
to walk the lands with him

Looking at my hands
the callous from the nets
my hands softening
as I left the shore, the sea

The dust chokes my throat
the roads a blur
finding the crowds shouting
to get close to our Lord

Seeing his touch of the sick
healing in his words, his eyes
their faith trembling
feeling the love he shared

His word bringing comfort
changing people to their core
walking from town to town
the shore, the roads, the cities
to the city of Jerusalem

Teaching along the way
our group and the crowds as well
the dust, the grit of the road heavy
grime layered on our clothes and sandals
carried everywhere we went



January 16, 2010

All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 19,900+ of my poems at http://www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: