Thursday, April 18, 2013

exploding neural pathways – v2



random connection to long forgotten facts
scraps of memory deep within my consciousness
triggered by a word, a conversation,
music, talk on the radio, opening a window
the gust of wind this morning on the walk to school
with the girls, the whiff of smoke of a fall fire
in the fireplace, the smell of coffee, of food baking
the feel of a bit of bark, of the wet grounds in the trash

each a means of exploding neural pathways
of sudden burst of thought, or energy, rekindled,
weaving together that which was hidden deep down
with the instant of now, the unique moment in this present
tying something in my unconscious, to long ago
to see the relationship of something today
with some deeper meaning, awareness
grasp of thought, my history


----
edited April 18, 2013
“exploding neural pathways – v2”
drafted after request to use it in a PowerPoint presentation
October 29, 2007 1:17pm
“exploding neural pathways”
I came across the text string “exploding neural pathways”
via Google at the site:
(Too Much Information !!*@!: Yes).
The poem above came from my own thoughts on that phrase

All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 22,880+ of my poems at http://www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: