Monday, October 14, 2013

Hands to Use – v2


Oh Lord, give me hands to use,
for your purposes, your calling to me,
Give me a spirit of caring, a loving heart
to share your message of love
Give me feet to carry me
where you would have me go
Give me a voice to speak your message
your love to the world

Let me bear your light, your message
revealed by you acting through me
Let me be the gloves of your hands,
the sandals of your feet
A prophet of your word
to the ends of the earth
A messenger of your love
your hope for your world


Edited October 14, 2013
Hands to Use – v2
February 22, 2009
Hands to Use
-------
based on the poem “Merely Gloves”
and its reaction after being posted
to the faithwriters site
May 10, 2008
Acts 2:1-21
Pentecost
and quote attributed to Corrie ten Bloom,
“I have a glove here in my hand.  The glove cannot do anything by itself, but when my hand is in it, it can do many things.  True, it is not the glove, but my hand in the glove that acts.  We are gloves.  It is the Holy Spirit in us who is the hand, who does the job.  We have to make room for the hand so that every finger is filled.”

No comments: