Tuesday, February 27, 2024

#Wyatt chose me my #Dipper

Sitting on the kitchen floor, waiting, watching,
a sea of yorkies running, circling, barking,
racing around and around, a hurricane,
like sitting inside of a washer on spin cycle.
 
He was shy, but bold, knowing, seeing me,
crossing space between us, coming,
climbing carefully up into my lap,
He chose me to be his human.





----------------
February 27, 2024
Wyatt chose me
The day Wyatt chose me
&
12/13/21 Facebook post after the death of my dog Wyatt
https://www.facebook.com/raymond.a.foss/posts/pfbid028hSGD8SMcRKy1xbL5iDFD7Nce9EBtd1wW6uYXLQGTMryep95PdQdvmJuYwar9MqQl
In this season of gratitude, sometimes sadness brings clarity, at least about some of the things that are important.
 
I lost my brother Wyatt (my Yorkshire Terrier) two years ago today, December 13, 2019.
 
He was 18 years old and a member of our family for 9 years. He had grown up at a breeder for the first 7 years of his life as a stud dog and he lived the next 2 years with another breeder who treated him more like a family member. When we first got him I learned he didn’t know how to play. He was my friend and companion, spending a lot of his time in my lap.
 
He chose me the day we went to Carol’s house to get a yorkie. I sat on the floor in her kitchen, with a whole herd of yorkies running around, and he climbed up into my lap.
 
I was away from home for work related training the last week of his life. Ruth said he was barking calling for me the last day. When I came home Ruth placed him into my arms and I sat down with him and he died in my lap with me petting him, within 5 minutes. As hard as that must have been for him, he waited for Dad to come home.
 
Such was the depth of his love and our bond together.
 
I’m crying typing these words just as I did on that Christmas morning when Erica gave me the gift of a painting of Wyatt’s spirit that she painted. It is hanging on the wall over my computer screen.
He was my brother, my friend, a pain in the butt for peeing on the floor when there was a clean pee pad available.
 
His presence in my lap with me typing away on the computer gave me peace and stroking his fur was just like stroking the hair of any other loved one. He would sit there in the crook of my crossed legs so long that my left leg would always go numb and I would fumble around with my leg asleep whenever I had to get up quickly. He would look up at me just so and I always knew he loved me.
So grateful he was gifted into my life. That’s a start for now…
 
----------------
(first posted January 4, 2020 as part of 21 Days of Gratitude)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/488435655364402/posts/496022011272433/
12/25/19 Facebook post about painting of Wyatt by Erica
https://www.facebook.com/raymond.a.foss/posts/pfbid0SvNZ2Y2Fxu1kp66NwzxWvRhahJbrFWft7D9MpW6R1gcKjaK8uq1d2ExEn8UHQcUGl
12/13/19 Facebook post on Wyatt’s death
https://www.facebook.com/raymond.a.foss/posts/pfbid04yxyQVFBNTpkWuzLjwM6nRMbeLaDpY8EPkydGzJ6Nv9eBBNuurH2XBYpRrPDHNGJl
 
poetry, dog, friend, family, love, Wyatt, Yorkie, New Hampshire, Maine, friendship, devotion,
 
#poetry #dog #friend #family #love #Wyatt #Yorkie #NewHampshire #Maine #friendship #devotion

No comments: