Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A May Shower

Something different, particular
a May shower, the other day,
not July; certainly not March
a specific sound, a definite smell
of the May shower -
warm but not hot, the pavement, the dirt
reacting but not convulsed
a gentle warm rain, cooling, caressing
the plants, the driveway, even the air
falling slowly, lightly, spritely
onto the dry ground, new greens
thirsty for light rain
a change in the air itself
more rounded somehow
pearls of smell, wafting up
from surfaces, even the air
lightened somewhat
in the afterglow
of the May shower


May 20, 2008



All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 30,710+ of my poems at www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Wow! I'm so surprised you visited my blog! I found your Beach Sand poem at Famous Poets and Poems. I was delighted to visit your blog today and see your poems based on your faith. I'll be back to visit again because your words are perfect accents for some of my scrapbook pages and would be excellent accents for my faithbooking pages at faithsisters.com.

Just to let you know that I'm using your poem Beach Sand as inspiration for a Perfectly Poetic Challenge for scrapbooking at purplepaperflowers.com.

Thank you so much for sharing your talent!

Cheryl