Saturday, June 23, 2007

I Has Gained Everything

Before you came along, I was sure
oh so sure, that I was in control
that I could change the world
That the world was watching me
that I could be all there was to be
But without your love
I was the clanging gong
off key and alone

With your love, I can move mountains
I can fly, in your arms, reach my dreams
sail to uncharted shores
find my way through the challenges of life
because you are there, with me

I thank the Lord for this day
when we can become one, husband and wife
share our love with our families, our friends
Are you watching dad? I hope you’re happy too
Because she is with me, you know I’m safe

To you I need to say, that though I have traveled
and run many miles,
it is with you that I find my way
with you by my side that
I can run the race of my life
with you I can be sure of my footsteps,
that I won’t be lost
with you in my life
and in my heart,
I have gained everything



June 23, 2007 7:53
1 Corinthians 13


All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage. See all 19,460+ of my poems at http://www.raymondafoss.blogspot.com Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: