Thursday, January 01, 2009

A Pliable Heart

Give me, oh God
a pliable heart, a meek, humble heart
ever ready for your hands, the hands of the potter
molding me, sculpting me, reforming me
ever to do your will, to be a vessel, an instrument
the gloves of your hands
the soles of your feet
ever to worship you
with my whole life,
my pliable heart, ever
seeking after you


January 1, 2009
Unison Prayer, written by Pastor Ruth L. Foss,
“Creator, Sustainer, Almighty God, you who are the giver
of all wisdom. Enable us to set aside the world to worship
you in your temple. We pray that you would give us eyes to
see your presences in all things around us, ears to hear
your still small voice, and a heart that is pliable to your
molding so that we may worship you in Spirit and in truth.
It is is the name of the babe in the manger so long ago, our
Lord Jesus Christ, that we pray. Amen.”
Psalm 148
Isaiah 61:10-62:3
Galatians 4:4-7
Luke 2:22-40
John 1:1-14
and sermon, “What a Great Plan!”,
by Pastor Ruth L. Foss, December 28, 2008,
Suncook United Methodist Church
Suncook, NH

No comments: