Friday, May 01, 2009

A Christian in the throne room of God

Oh to be a Christian, in the throne room of God
to be like Isaiah, to be in awe, in wonder
to see the heavenly beings, to see the risen Christ
sitting at the right hand of the Father
to hear the heavenly choir, to be so graced

To walk, assuming that was how we move there
to approach the throne of our brother
to bow, to humble myself,
in supplication and, oh yes, in thanksgiving

Oh if only I could find the words, in that very moment
to tell my brother, what his sacrifice, what his obedience
what his gift of love means to me

If I but have this chance, to be a Christian
to have been yoked with my brother all the days of my life
to be in the presence of God, to be before my Lord and King;
but especially to be able to thank him, to wash his feet,
as he has washed mine, as he has poured out
grace upon grace, joy after joy

To be a Christian in the throne room of God,
and to know what that means


May 1, 2009
Google search string, “cHRISTIAN In the tHRONE ROOM of God POETRY”,
that led someone from Richmond, VA to my blog
and
Isaiah 6:1-8
and
John 3:1-17
Romans 8:12-17
Advanced Lay Speaker class
April 18, 2009

No comments: