Sunday, September 25, 2011

Standing in the Winds

Standing in the winds
as much within as without
feeling myself buffeted
tormented by doubt

Wanting to walk boldly
across the living water
to move with a purpose
into the arms of our God

Standing in the winds
buffeted by doubt
wanting to break free
to walk with a purpose

Wanting to be faithful
in my actions as my words
stepping out boldly
in a leap of true faith


September 25, 2011
=============
A Stranger within the Gate

Known within these walls
a member of the flock
yet a stranger within the gate
the courts of the law

Awkward in my spirit
pacing in the hall
wondering why I don’t fit in
that I don’t belong at all


September 22, 2011
-------------------------
A Calling to Write

Not oblique,
something unclear
not with words grandiose
a calling to write clear and terse

Poetry, beauty
in the straightforward
message from God
the words I hear in my heart

Called to share freely from him
to the ends of the earth
Comfort, hope, one truth revealed,
the love of Christ complete.

By his grace alone
we are made whole
our eternal lives restored.


February 4, 2010
Habakkuk 2:2
Habakkuk 1
Habakkuk 2:1-3
and Day 138, “Write the Revelation”, in
“Daily Mediations: On Golden Texts of the Bible”,
by Henry Gariepy
http://books.google.com/books?id=9tjVtRt3TUMC&pg=PP1&dq=henry+gariepy&ei=6tqBSqLVDJiQyQT4i9DOCg#v=onepage&q=&f=false
read 2/4/10


All of my poems are copyrighted by Raymond A. Foss, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011. All rights reserved. Contact me at Ray Foss for usage.
See all 13,450+ of my poems at Poetry Where You Live.

No comments: