Friday, January 26, 2024

Poetry – revised – v5

Not in paragraphs, in pages
Not the Great American Novel, No,
Through you, my muse,
I have found my voice.
Moments captured in word and rhyme.
Free form verse, a cadence,
A mystery, an image,
Coming alive, to life.
 
A wonder to me, just as much,
Seeing the words on the page
Flickering on the screen
Nothing I can point to, that I can touch;
A fount, a stream of consciousness.
Spell check turned off,
Why spoil the mood.
 
Where did the words come from,
Bursting forth, all of a sudden.
Out of the cosmos, the ether,
Where were they hidden?
Why these words;
Why do they cry out,
Why now?
 
Because of you,
In you I am free.
I am offered freedom.
I am given permission,
To share thoughts untold.
To be real, authentic
To open up.
To live.
 
 
=====================
Revised January 26, 2024
Poetry - revised - v5

Repost January 26, 2024
Poetry – revised
edited October 19, 2018
Poetry – revised – v4
revised at Open Mic at Mak’s Coffee House
Patten, Maine
edited October 19, 2018
Poetry – revised – v3
edited December 17, 2015
Poetry – revised – v2
posting 2/5/2004 – 1st posting to blog
last edit 8/13/2000
edit 5/24/2000
Poetry – revised
 
poetry, Poetry Where You Live, Raymond A. Foss, the word, voice, Writing Poetry, God, Spirit, love, grace, purpose, Realistic Poetry,
 
#poem #word #voice #WritingPoetry #God #Spirit #love #grace #purpose #freeverse #rhythm #words #RealisticPoetry
 
---------------------
#Poetry #revised #freedom @RealisticPoetry #RealisticPoetry #poetrycommunity #poem #word #voice #WritingPoetry #God #Spirit #love #grace #purpose #freeverse #rhythm #words #editing #rewriting #thoughts #ideas #America #hope #vision #dreams #life #joy
 

No comments: