Wednesday, January 27, 2010

That place of strength

From the Lord, my rock
that place of strength,
that reserve, on which I can trust
Able, with him alone,
to be his witness
to step from our comfort
to go out into the world

My place of refuge
the source of the words
I am able to share
Rooted in the words of my faith
in the presence of the Lord
grounded, within my spirit
hearing his love to share
the words, a fount, overflowing
welling up, ever
from deep inside of me


January 27, 2010
Alive Now Daily Reflections
http://alivenow.upperroom.org/daily-reflections/daily-reflections-for-january-25-31/
for January 25, 2010 to January 31, 2010
by Nancy Fergusons (You can visit her website at www.BlueTreeResources.org)
Jeremiah 1:4-10
for January 25, 2010
&
Upper Room Disciplines for 2010
http://www.upperroom.org/bookstore/description.asp?item_id=645177&whichBarItem=excerpt&category=&sub_category=
for January 25, 2010 to January 31, 2010,
“A Standing Invitation”,
by Ray Waddle
Psalm 71:1-6 for January 25, 2010
& remembering the poem,
“Mending Wall”, by Robert Frost
&
and inspired in part by Gmail status update of
Isaac Kiiza Tibasima,
“In the stillness of Your presence
there I know I am restored”,
from the song, “None But Jesus”,
by Hillsong, off their album, “Mighty To Save”

No comments: